Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Little Organizing

I ran across these colorful bins on clearance 2/$7.00 at Wal Mart. At the time, I bought them, I wasn't sure how I'd use them but they were a good buy and I did want to reorganize my storage room. My old house doesn't have many closets so I converted one of the bedrooms into a storage room.

The best example of turning a bedroom into a storage room that I have ever seen was at a Victorian house where I attended a Christmas party. Here are a couple of photos as an example of how to do it right. Not only was the room used at a closet but they had an antique bed in it as well. Overall, it provided plenty of room for storage and most of all, it wasn't cluttered.

Of course, my room was the exact opposite of one above. Needless to say, for any mess, there is always hope even for small rooms and small budgets. The bins worked well for neatly storing items. Plus I got rid of a lot of things and decided to keep only the things I used on a regular basis in the room. The rest went in the storage shed. Cleaned out cabinets in the kitchen and moved stuff in there. I took a lot of Advil, too! Looking at the room now, I'm happy. I may can actually find something when I'm looking for it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did a great job, Dixie Belle! I need to tackle some of my clutter but so far I haven't yet built up the desire to do so. Maybe the closer we get to spring the more I'll feel like doing it.

Donna said...

The rooms look Great Dixie! Lots of hard work!
Now I must crawl back to my hovel and see where I went wrong...HAhaa...hughugs

Kelly Boyce said...

I always feel so much better when things are neat and organized. Clutter makes me cranky.

Dixie Belle said...

I have no idea how I have such a mess! It never fails to amaze me.